Your Home, Your Goals, Our Recipe.
Pour yourself a mimosa, we recommend pineapple or guava juice instead of orange.
Next, pick up a freshly baked pão de queijo (recipe below), bite into this little piece of heavenly cloud and, let yourself be transported to a colonial style coffee house in Brazil playing Bossanova music during a hot and breezy summer afternoon.
If traditional, transitional or even colonial is your favourite home décor style, who says a modern Italian-Brazilian kitchen brand doesn’t get you? No one, because we do. In fact, we get all cabinetry styles and we want to tell you why:
· We are worldly. We have lived and worked in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We get multiculturalism, blended styles, modern, contemporary, traditional and transitional like no other cabinetry company in the Lower Mainland. Combined, our team has approximately 117 years of design and cabinetry industry experience.
· We are also dealers for Nickels Custom Cabinets, a trusted local manufacturer of various cabinetry styles, including exclusively North American options such as plywood material for cabinet and drawer boxes, dovetails and custom color paints or stains. Our product page showcasing Nickels capabilities and our favourite aspects to design with is coming soon.
· Finally, as modern design lovers and advocates, we are up to speed on all the latest trends and because of our insider insight we bring endless passion and drive for pushing boundaries and introducing the latest and proven greatest materials, door styles, appliance packages, lighting and work surface options. Relax and benefit from our vast knowledge, expertise and vision to fuse it all with what rocks your boat, in your own personal style.
“We’re inspired by the world“
We’re inspired by the world. We are passionate about design. We want to help people make their homes something to marvel over—to make their space an experience that inspires joy, pride, and awe. And fabulous brunches!
Our recipe for success is both easy and unique: combining our worldly views and experience, vision and passion for beautiful design, guiding you to achieve the best of your desired lifestyle.
Are you ready to let us in?
And speaking of brunches, below is one of our favourite brunch, breakfast or snack recipes.
Pão de Queijo – Cheese Bread
· 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil (or avocado oil)
· 1/3 cup water
· 1/3 cup milk (nut or soy milk works fine too)
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 cups tapioca flour
· 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan, Aged Cheddar or Friulano cheese (any of these will do)
· 2 beaten eggs
Optional: 2 tbs of chopped chives or other herb of your preference
1- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2- Place the tapioca flour in a large mixing bowl (I use my KitchenAid mixer with the batter hook), reserve to mix with liquids a little later
3- Pour olive oil, water, milk, and salt into a large saucepan, and place over high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat immediately, and stir into the tapioca flour bowl and add preferred herb if using until smooth. Once well combined, set aside to cool/rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
4- Once cooled enough to handle, stir the cheese and egg into the tapioca mixture until well combined, the mixture will be chunky like cottage cheese. Drop rounded, 1/4 cup-sized balls max of the mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet, or roll into balls with greased hands. At this point, once placed onto baking sheets you may freeze them until hard, then place into a Ziploc bag for baking anytime you feel like it.
5- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned, about 20 minutes. 25 minutes if baking from frozen.
Serve warm and enjoy.
Pão de Queijo is gluten free, made with tapioca flour, and it is an absolute favourite at our showroom brunch meetings, so we invite you to join in the experience from your own home.
If you don’t feel like baking and live in the Greater Vancouver area, you can stop by Oba Oba Brasil at 3565 Kingsway, Vancouver, British Columbia V5R 5L9, and pick up frozen packages of Forno de Minas pão de queijo, our favourite go-to brand when we can’t bake our own.